Monday 18 June 2012

Lonni Rossi Laptop Cover

Lots of years ago, I read an article in Quilting Arts magazine about a woman who was combining her love of typography with fabric design - wow! That's so me! And then, in one life-changing moment, I saw that her store - that SHE, Lonni Rossi herself! - was about 15 minutes from my home.

And so began a regular habit of visiting her boutique store, wandering through to her workshop to see her quilts in progress, and just sometimes, bumping in to her and chatting (be still my heart.)


Fast forward to April 2012: Mum and Dad came to visit! Yay! They brought with them a new and sleek laptop - so what's a daughter to do? I whipped them up a cover, using this tutorial http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2009/05/elizabeths-fabric-focus-5/#.UD7gnqD0_yY  and some awesome Lonni Rossi typographic fabric. Latin words, amazing space-y bubble effects, and random straight line quilting. It's what this baby needed.


I cut the fabric a tiny bit bigger than Elizabeth suggested, and made my seams a tiny bit smaller... and created a VERY snug cover. Perfect. It's a great tutorial, just allow yourself a little extra breathing space on the sizing. Ta-dah! I have it on good authority that this little cover is getting a lot of love.



No comments: