Wednesday 11 December 2013

Black Friday! Fabric! Yay!

I am not a huge fan of Black Friday, uh uh.
The decade I lived in the US, I pretended it didn't exist.
This was made easier by the fact that I hate and despise shopping.

That was in the pre-fabric-addiction days, obviously.

Luckily for me, my good friends - my Shopping Advocates - at Hawthorne Threads kindly let me know that if I were the kind of person who loved fabric, I might enjoy their store soon after Thanksgiving.

And hoo, boy, did I ever!

Look what just arrived in the mail -  yay! When you live on a whole nother continent, this passes for BIG NEWS! Oh, who am I kidding? Fabric is always big news. Right?

These are for my purple and fuchsia quilt, and I confess, I am rather in love with the eggplant solid, yum.



These were Just Because.
They all match. And are village-y. And just adorable. And they stuck a bird on it.


These yellows are for a wall hanging that features a glowing light. I have no idea how I'm going to create a glow. So I just keep collecting yellows in the hope that one day, it will come to me.

By the way, you totally can't tell how beautiful these fabrics are in this photo. But trust me. They are beautiful.

 
I am not the world's best fabric photographer, and I did wonder if I should take a tip from male photographers all over the world: would it look better if it had a naked woman on it? You know, like in car ads?
 
I think it does.
 
 
 
Linking up with Live A Colorful Life - enjoy! 

3 comments:

audrey said...

You are too funny with your naked woman helping the picture out! Love getting new fabrics--always a treat.:)

Live a Colorful Life said...

Haha--that last picture made me laugh out loud. It was fun to see your fabric purchases. I'm with you on despising and detesting shopping. Except for fabric, of course. For everything else, thank goodness for amazon.com.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

lol, nice! I love to shop. Not always to buy, but to mill around stores and shops and see what is out there. I often get my best ideas looking at what others are up to. :)